The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20200214050212/http://python-academy.blogspot.com:80/2012/06/advanced-python-course-at-europython.html

Friday, June 15, 2012

Advanced Python Course at EuroPython

Python is probably the easiest language to learn among the real-world programming languages. It is a good language for beginners and can be picked up very quickly by experienced programmers. You don't have to learn every detail of the language to write a simple script. You can learn more when your programs and needs grow.

Python also offers a few more advanced features such as decorators, descriptors or metaclasses. While it is really simple to use a decorator, writing one yourself can become a bit more involved. This is one of the things that I like about Python: Simple things are simple and complex things are still possible with reasonable effort. I think doing things pythonically also means applying more complex approaches, if appropriate, to make things simpler in the end. I think we can distinguish between an active use of advanced features like writing a decorator and a passive use like applying a decorator to a function.

I have talked to many people who have used Python for years. A majority of them actively used only a few of the advanced features, if at all. Obviously, you can write useful software without diving too deep into Python. But these advanced features can help to make your programs better.

I think it is well worth investing in learning more about what Python offers. It will help you to better understand how Python works. Some of the features are used by frameworks. Knowing how a framework works under the hood can be helpful, especially when something doesn't work as expected. In addition, it is always good to challenge your mind a bit with new knowledge.

I will be teaching the course Advanced Python at EuroPython. This very intensive one-day training covers:

  • Comprehensions
  • Decorators
  • Iterators and Generators
  • Context managers
  • Descriptors
  • Metaclasses

The objective is for you to understand the general concepts but also to see and apply hands-on examples for all topics. Furthermore, you will get a feeling when a complex solution helps you make your code easier to use and when it is better to keep it simple.

What are the prerequisites? You should have used Python for a while and consider yourself a intermediate level Python programmer. If you know all things our Python for Programmers course covers, you will be able to take full advantage of this advanced course. Bring your laptop with Python 2.7 or 3.2 installed and get a good sleep the night before.

When: Saturday, July 7,  2012. That is one day after the EuroPython conference talks and tutorials.
Where: At the EuroPython venue in Florence.
Note: It requires an extra registration.
Link: https://ep2012.europython.eu/conference/talks/python-academy-training

15 comments:

  1. Image

    I am really impressed the way you have written the blog. Hope we are eagerly waiting for such post from your side. HATS OFF for the valuable information shared! Duplicate Payment Review | Continuous Transaction Monitoring | AP Vendor Helpdesk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Image




    Thanks a lot very much for the high quality and results-oriented help. I won’t think twice to endorse your blog post to anybody who wants and needs support about this area.

    RPA Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Image
  4. Image

    Informative Blog. Thank you for sharing
    aws training in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Image

    Thanks for providing good information,Thanks for your sharing python Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  6. Image

    Python has adopted as a language of choice for almost all the domain in IT including the most trending technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud Computing technologies such as AWS, OpenStack, VMware, Google Cloud, etc.., Big Data Analytics, DevOps and Python is prepared language in traditional IT domain such as Web Application Development, Infrastructure Automation ,Software Testing, Mobile Testing.
    Join iteanz to Up-Skill on the most popular programming languages Python !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Image

    • Nice and good article. It is very useful for me to learn and understand easily. Thanks for sharing your valuable information and time. Please keep updating IOT Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  8. Image
  9. Image

    Best Python Training Institute in Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon with 100% Guaranteed JOB Placements, Live Project Classes, Low Fees. Book your FREE DEMO Class Now! -+91-9311002620, +91-11-40504400. More Details- https://www.htsindia.com/Courses/Business-Analytics/python.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Image
  11. Image

    Hey, would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you.
    AWS Training in Chennai
    Data Science Training in Chennai
    Python Training in Chennai
    RPA Training in Chennai
    Digital Marketing Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  12. Image
  13. Image

    Your info is really amazing with impressive content..Excellent blog with informative concept. Really I feel happy to see this useful blog, Thanks for sharing such a nice blog..
    If you are looking for any python Related information please visit our website Python classes in pune page!


    ReplyDelete
  14. Image

    Hi,Very nice post.Thanks for the information provided.It is very interesting and very informative.I am always impressed with your post and helpful tips.Keep posting tips and relevant content as usual.
    Tableau training in btm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Image

    Thanks for sharing your innovative ideas to our vision. I have read your blog and I gathered some new information through your blog. Your blog is really very informative and unique. Keep posting like this. Awaiting for your further update.If you are looking for any Data science related information, please visit our website Data science training institute in bangalore

    ReplyDelete