1,304 questions
Score of 0
2 answers
66 views
How case-sensitive search works?
I'm writing a simple search engine. I have implemented an inverted index and implemented a case-insensitive search.
I want to implement a case-sensitive search.
I know that it is possible to store ...
Score of 0
2 answers
69 views
JSONStream fails to find type declarations in CI
I'm using JSONStream and the corresponding type declarations @types/jsonstream.
When running the type check locally (MacOS) it passes, but it fails in github actions CI with "No type declarations ...
Score of 0
0 answers
43 views
Is SVN's SubWcRev.exe case sensitive regarding its path argument?
I encounter a strange situation where SubWcRev.exe fails if the path passed as the 1st argument does match the name of an actual path but not the case (case sensitive).
Context:
Windows Sever 2019
...
Score of 0
2 answers
111 views
Need to fix string in a single block of code DATABRIcKS
I am attempting to proper case the contents of a column that has various erroneous inputs. The code I used worked on everything except where the word is all caps.
I can't do "lower(initcap(field)...
Score of 0
1 answer
210 views
Git push problem because of case-sensitivity
I try to push my changes to a remote repo, but I keep getting the following error:
My git command:
git push --set-upstream origin MyNotYetExistingOnline/Branch
The output:
Enumerating objects: 33, ...
Score of 1
2 answers
130 views
How to check if a file/folder with a particular case-sensitive name exists in a particular directory
I have a dart app which is supported for 4 platforms: Windows, MacOS, Android and IOS.
There is a feature for file/directory rename in the app.
In order to achieve this, I am using dart::io's type API ...
Score of 1
1 answer
114 views
File reappears after discarding changes in git commit due to folder's name capitalization
I'm managing a repo of a Unity Project. We have three devs working on separate branches. One of the Asset folders for Prefabs files has a weird issue where we are unable to discard a file from the ...
Score of 0
2 answers
233 views
VS Code's git integration is looking for filenames with the wrong casing
In VS Code, given a file, managed by git, which has been edited.
I can select the file from the Source Control sidebar and see the diff highlighted.
When I right-click on a change and select "...
Score of 1
0 answers
78 views
Why doesn't the Java compiler in IntelliJ IDEA complain about filename case mismatches? [duplicate]
I'm learning Java and experimenting with compiling source files. I understand that Java is case-sensitive, and that the filename must match the public class name exactly — including the case.
public ...
Score of 1
1 answer
119 views
Use the INTERSECT operator in a case-sensitive manner [duplicate]
I have a number of system-versioned tables in my database. Microsoft notes here that...
When you run any data modification queries on a temporal table, the Database Engine adds a row to the history ...
Score of 8
1 answer
223 views
Given various locales like "turkish", should a "\xFD" "nfinity" match "infinity" in strtod()?
Note that locales are a part of C that has evolving support.
Following is about C23 and maybe back to C99.
This is about an minor corner case in strtod().
With locales like "turkish", should ...
Score of 3
1 answer
140 views
How to implement a case-sensitive `Equals` for operators as `-ceq`
An Equals method on a specific class might be used to implement a PowerShell operator as -eq:
class TestClass {
hidden [String] $_Value
TestClass([String]$Value) { $this._Value = $Value }
[...
Score of 1
2 answers
1013 views
Is there a way to make text searches case-insensitive?
I've just checked, and DuckDB performs text searches case-sensitively. SELECT * FROM bar WHERE foo = 'My name'; only matches My name, not my name.
Never, in the long history of ever, have I had a user ...
Score of 5
1 answer
261 views
Case sensitive in VB.NET
I have a project in VB.NET where I have installed the Microsoft.Graph NuGet package (v5.58.0). This package contains two classes with nearly the same name, differing only by one capital letter: ...
Score of 1
1 answer
96 views
VS code terminal appears case sensitive?
I've just started learning python on the ATBS course and have been going for almost 2 months. I'm having trouble with the terminal and command prompt on my PC which is running on windows 10
I have a ...