The Wayback Machine - http://web.archive.org/web/20241117062110/https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/382977
Skip to content

Finance

Image

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo Finance is operated by Yahoo Inc. In 2021, Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) acquired Yahoo (formerly Verizon Media, itself formerly known as Oath) from Verizon. Yahoo operates as a standalone company under Apollo.

OUR TEAM
John Marcom - Head of Content
Julie Iannuzzi - Head of Video/Managing Editor, Yahoo Finance Live
Michael B. Kelley - Head of Distribution
Brian Sozzi - Executive Editor
Myles Udland - Head of News

SHARE FEEDBACK
Note: This forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

For data corrections, please email finance.support@yahooinc.com
Please include:
- The URL of where the data resides
- Details about the reported inaccuracy

For content corrections, please email finance.corrections@yahooinc.com
Please include:
- The URL of where the content resides
- Details about the reported inaccuracy

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

By providing feedback, you consent to Yahoo using your responses in marketing materials, including your First Name and Last Initial.

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

222 results found

  1. bring back old yahoo finance layout

    new layout stinks and is difficult to read

    1st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Portfolio 2.0 is a Disaster

    A week or two ago I received a message from Yahoo Finance asking me to upgrade to Portfolio 2.0 since you were no longer going to support the old release. As soon as I upgraded, I lost significant data, including the dates and amounts of various purchases and sales. In addition, the portfolio doesn't even add correctly. It doesn't include 12,000 shares of SPY in the $$ total and it says I have a negative $6M cash balance. Worst of all, you won't even allow me to convert back to the old portfolio format. I know you still support it…

    2nd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please get rid of Portfolio 2.0

    I've used yahoo finance for 20 years — portfolio 2.0 is unusable. I need to find something else!

    It puts the ticker symbol over the chart now. The open close, high low, vol, etc. is horizontal — it takes longer for my eye to look across vs. look down. I don't know what the abbreviations all are. It shows N/A unless I hover over a data point! What are you thinking? Why make this so unusable.

    It puts a "Plots" window over the ticker with Vol. under. But if I close that window, I can't find out how to do…

    4th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Portfolio2.0

    Portfolio 2.0 not showing up in web version of finance..how to revert to original?

    3rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sadly, the extremely useful Holdings tab information is now deleted in 2.0.

    Missing functionality in 2.0 eliminates its utility for me. It is the functionality in the "Holdings" tab. In the original, the columns were Symbol, Shares, Ave Cost / Share, Price, Day's Gain, Day's Gain %, Total Gain, Total Gain %, and Market Value.

    This Holdings tab was hugely useful; the user could sort on any of these columns. 2.0 Holdings is worthless. I must click on each stock individually with no ability to sort. Maybe okay with a small portfolio but very disappointing with a larger portfolio.

    If not corrected, I will abandon Yahoo 2.0. I am miffed because AOL…

    5th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. What do you want from me?

    How can I edit my Yahoo stock portfolio? I want to add the number of shares for each stock, but I am unable to do so. The title "SHARES" does appear at the top of my portfolio, but I am unable to enter any figures into my portfolio in that column.

    6th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Portfolio 2.0 and wrong currency management

    Portfolio 2.0 and wrong currency management.
    If you have your portfolio in CHF and the stock in EUR, all the transactions must be in EUR and the conversion must be done at portfolio level.

    Moreover, there is something buggy, even with different currency the total gain is wrong, all my portfolio has been messed up now, plus the time lost to understand what happened.

    Could you please fix or allow us to go back to the previous version?

    7th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Can you please check if you have Cash Management Turned ON or OFF?  In most cases, if Cash Management is ON, it assumes you have cash available for transactions, and if you do not have any Cash, then it shows cash as negative, which shows less total value for your Portfolio.  

  8. Portfolio 2.0 dividends displayed incorrectly for some stocks.

    For TEF.MC some previous dividends are counted in twice. There are duplicated rows for one dividend payout with a one day difference (e.g. Dec 15 and Dec 16 2022), but it is actually one payment.

    10th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. zero cost

    I want to add buy transactions at zero cost in portfolio 2. I prefer to handle reinvested dividends in this way and could do so before, but portfolio 2 now insists on a non-zero value. There is no reason not to allow zero cost but the transaction save button is disabled if it's zero

    12th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 11th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 18th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Charts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cannot search symbols

    When I enter a symbol in search a different company or symbol comes up. This started last week and I thought you would have it fixed by now. It makes your web page impossible to use.

    9th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Vote down

    You changed the view to Finance. No longer see S&P futures and the print for portfolio holdings is WAY TOO SMALL. AND, don't even see an option to go back to the old version. You messed up Yahoo!

    29th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. please save user's interval choice as the default for that chart

    I usually use daily chart, but it become 1 minute chart after refresh. it is very inconvenient

    16th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let me enter CASH in portfolio and then show it!

    Impossible to enter cash for a bank account. 2.0 sucks and now you've ruined the Classic Portfolio.

    20th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enhanced Portfolio View

    I woke up to a nightmare this morning. All of my portfolios were labeled "Enhanced". Not only were they the exact opposite of enhanced, my customized views on which I depend to make trading decisions wouldn't load. I tried creating a new view, hoping the same information I had inputted over the years would be there. I have no idea if it is because it also wouldn't load. On a lark, I went from a Firefox browser to Edge and re-logged in and Portfolio 2.0 (not "Enhanced") screens were somehow available and I averted a trading disaster for at least…

    29th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Portfolio(the mess)

    In the beginning, I set up my portfolio on Yahoo Finance and things were great. I could use my phone to see the portfolio I had set up. Now everything is a real mess. I cannot use my phone to access my portfolios in the same form as on my computer. What did you people do. everything was perfect, now it's a, parden the expression, a trash heap. Please make it right.

    41st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GBX not handled correctly

    On the iOS app. I added holdings to my funds. On the home screen, you show the performance chart of my holdings - it's the one that I can click on to see how it performs against S&P 500.

    This particular chart is broken as you don't handle GBX holdings correctly. The value amount shows correctly, but the gain amount shows incorrectly.

    The chart that shows performance against S&P 500 is even more broken. Both the value and the gain show incorrectly.

    Feel free to message me, I can share screenshots.

    It's really annoying; please fix it.

    17th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow anonymous feedback

    Fix the black rectangle at the bottom of charts that shows the date, so it is more readable. The white text on the black background is small and hard to read. It does not really need the year, but should have day, month and time.

    29th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Charts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reflect stock split

    Should I manually add my recent stock split or will your software update it in my Portfolio account?

    29th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 … 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base