28,256 questions
Score of 1
1 answer
173 views
How do I run Haskell with ghcid in Vim terminal (i.e. not Neovim, GVim, ...)?
I've tried with the vim-ghcid-quickfix plugin for running Haskell from within Vim, even if looks a bit unmaintained, given last commit is 6 years old.
I have installed ghcid¹, and it's on the path.
...
Score of 0
1 answer
110 views
vim autocommands with plugin don't load every time [closed]
I've written my first own vim plugin which is vim plug compatible (see https://github.com/junegunn/vim-plug) my ftplugin directory has several .vim files; one is tex.vim.
When I open a new (non ...
Score of -1
3 answers
129 views
Other way to leave current mode in Vim?
I find it annoying to use 'esc' to leave the mode i am currently in, especially because my fingers usually do not leave the keys otherwise. Is there an easier way to do this?
Score of 0
2 answers
161 views
Neovim colorscheme slate: make parentheses visible
I recencently tried the color scheme "slate" in neovim (it seems that it is a vim scheme so I guess that my question can be answered by vim users). My issues is that it makes it difficult to ...
Score of 2
1 answer
158 views
Can't get rid of "Cannot find word list" warning in vim when spellcheck is activated with sime spelllang missing
I'm fighting vim for a couple of days to suppress the "Cannot find word list" warning in the bottom line of the window when spell check is set.
The problem is I need several languages to be ...
Score of 1
1 answer
108 views
in Vim about netrw: choose differents viewers [closed]
What should I write in my vimrc so that when using netrw (vim's integrated explorer) so that when I press the x key on a line that has a .jpg or .png image OR on a line with a .pdf it opens with the ...
Score of 1
1 answer
121 views
Find and replace an expression in Vim
I am trying to replace
(CL[sec](L~h^-~1))
by
(CL*italic("/F")~(L~h^-~1))
in the code below using the vim editor:
rs622342_clf_g_response <- ggplot(data = rs622342_fd, aes(x = rs622342, ...
Score of 4
3 answers
198 views
Yanking multiple lines and replacing matches in (neo)vim
I would like to yank multiple lines in nvim and then paste what I've yanked into :%s,\V... to replace all occurrences in the file with a new string. For example,
foo([
"var1",
"...
Score of 2
1 answer
129 views
Vim is overriding the filetype I chose using .vimrc with another type
I am editing an OpenCL source file, foo.cl, in Vim 9.1 . My .vimrc has the line:
au BufRead,BufNewFile *.cl setfiletype opencl
for choosing an opencl file type for files with the .cl prefix. However, ...
Score of 3
3 answers
134 views
map <Esc> to vim command in vimrc [closed]
This is my vimrc:
set hlsearch
nmap <silent> <Esc> :nohl<CR>
I am searching with / => matches highlighted
What I expect - pressing escape in normal mode will run :nohl, so ...
Score of 1
2 answers
147 views
ALE does not line wrap linter messages
ALE does not wrap linting messages as you can see in the first image. I can see the complete line only when scaling as you can see in the second image.
What setting could I use to view the whole ...
Score of 2
2 answers
93 views
How write a Vim search() function pattern to include ' and "?
How can I search a file for a regex pattern that includes both ' and ".
My actual search is:
:echo search('\l[,;"\'\-]* \u\l\+','ceW')
which gives me E116 Invalid arguments for function ...
Score of 0
2 answers
114 views
Is there a faster way to do insert, backspace, escape in Vim?
Supposing you've got something like this, and you want to neaten the tags up so it's all on one line:
<p>The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
</p>
If your cursor is on the first ...
Score of 0
3 answers
93 views
How to get config/utility files of vim in SUSE Linux
I had a hard time configurating Vim writing vimrc and other files, so I delete the directory indicated by $VIMRUNTIME, which in Suse was /usr/share/vim to start fresh. Then I reinstalled Vim, but now ...
Score of -3
1 answer
115 views
return value from a vimscript to a variable in calling bash script [closed]
First off, allow me to apologize for the confusion this question has created, and for my tardiness in responding. I live completely off-grid, and can only access internet at the library when I come to ...