123 questions
Score of -1
0 answers
96 views
How to create custom login / registration for spring boot webauthn
I would like to use webauthn / passkeys in my spring boot application. I've read quite some tutorials and documentation about spring boot and webauthn but all were just using the default login form ...
Score of 0
0 answers
80 views
Webauthn support in Citrix environment
I am trying to support passkey login for users running in virtual sessions, typically Citrix. These machines are managed by IT in large academic health systems, and I am not optimistic that they are ...
Score of 0
1 answer
129 views
How should an app gracefully handle passkey deletion?
I’m using passkeys with ASAuthorizationController (ASAuthorizationPlatformPublicKeyCredentialProvider). Registration and authentication work correctly on iOS 16+.
However, if the user explicitly ...
Score of 1
1 answer
123 views
How does Passkeys behave across iOS 15 → iOS 16 when using ASAuthorizationController?
I’m integrating authentication using Apple’s authorization APIs and supporting multiple iOS versions:
• ASAuthorizationController (iOS 13+)
• ASAuthorizationPlatformPublicKeyCredentialProvider (...
Score of 1
0 answers
91 views
ASAuthorizationControllerDelegate always returns .canceled for Face ID passcode fallback and failed attempts
I’m implementing Sign in with Apple / Passkeys using ASAuthorizationControllerDelegate and handling errors via:
func authorizationController(
controller: ASAuthorizationController,
...
Score of 3
2 answers
908 views
How to completely block macOS Passkey / iCloud Keychain popup in Chrome during Selenium automation?
I’m running Selenium automation tests on macOS using Google Chrome, and I keep getting the OS-level popup:
“Use a saved passkey from iCloud Keychain”
This popup blocks the UI and causes my tests to ...
Score of 5
1 answer
484 views
How do I create a passkey on windows based browser without needing Windows Hello enabled
I'm trying to call navigator.credentials.create on my windows-based web page and Windows Hello is not enabled. The ceremony I'd like to see is the black box asking me if I'd like to use my mobile, ...
Score of 3
0 answers
418 views
Fido2 SDK returning 50162 error during authentication
I have integrated fido2 SDK into my Koltin-Android app.
Some users can register a google passkey successfully but receive an error code during google passkey authentication.
I am using this dependency:...
Score of 0
1 answer
128 views
How to support iOS Passkeys when clients use their own custom server domains that can’t be added to Associated Domains?
I’m implementing Passkeys in an iOS app using AuthenticationServices.
To enable Passkeys, we need to add Associated Domains in Xcode (under com.apple.developer.associated-domains).
These domains are ...
Score of 2
1 answer
113 views
How to change the rpId (Relying Party ID) in Django-Allauth
I'm trying to implement passkeys, more or less like https://react.demo.allauth.org/account/login. It's working at localhost, but when I deploy my application I'm not able to login because the rpId ...
Score of 0
0 answers
1003 views
WebAuthn "the operation either timed out or was not allowed" error when userVerification is set to "preferred"
I'm implementing WebAuthn passkey support, and I encounter the following error on some devices when initiating authentication or registration:
The operation either timed out or was not allowed
This ...
Score of 2
0 answers
332 views
How can a third-party password manager register passkeys on iOS 17 using a Credential Provider Extension without owning the domain?
I'm building a third-party password manager app for iOS 17+ and trying to support passkey registration and authentication via a Credential Provider Extension. However, I'm running into issues when ...
Score of 0
1 answer
134 views
Credential manager not working with server has root certificates
We are trying to implement passkey for our app authentication on Android. For this using https://developer.android.com/reference/android/credentials/CredentialManager.
But when we are trying with this ...
Score of 0
1 answer
281 views
How to define custom onAuthenticationSuccess for Spring Security 6.4.4 webauthn (passkey) authentication?
I am using Spring Security 6.4.4 for webauthn (passkey) authentication.
depenendencies {
implementation "org.springframework.security:spring-security-web"
implementation "com....
Score of 0
1 answer
281 views
Can I use a yubikey 5 nano as a google passkey without a pin? [closed]
When I try to use my Yubikey 5 nano as a passkey for google, like the comment to this answer, I find that the FIDO2 PIN has to be set. When I remove the FIDO2 PIN, the passkey is also removed.
Can I ...