50,994 questions
Score of 5
1 answer
133 views
iText CCITTFaxDecode returns corrupted image when width is not multiple of 8, PDFBox works correctly
I'm investigating a problem in iText (tested with recent versions of iText Core 9.5.0+ and pdfSweep 5.0.5+ and java 21) when extracting a monochrome CCITT image from a PDF like this above:
<<
/...
Score of 2
0 answers
87 views
In-place PDF text editing with Compose Multiplatform & iText7: Font size explosion and paragraph fragmentation
I am building a PDF text editor in Kotlin Multiplatform (currently running and testing on Android).
The Architecture
Extraction (iText7): Parse the PDF with PdfCanvasProcessor, extract character ...
Score of 0
2 answers
137 views
Exporting selected HTML pages to PDF without Selenium / browser automation
I am stuck with the following challenge:
I am deploying a handbook for my students via GitHub, using the University of Delft TeachBook template. I now want my students to be able to run code (ideally ...
Score of 0
1 answer
71 views
List types (Bag, Seq, Alt) in PDF/A Extension Schemas with non-Literal Items
My starting point is this PDF/A extension schema, slightly modified:
<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#&...
Score of 0
1 answer
151 views
Merging Multiple PDF's [duplicate]
I am using the following code to test merging PDF's, and get an error "Unknown PDFException" at the line "Using pdfWriter As New PdfWriter(outputFile)"
I have the following Imports ...
Score of 1
1 answer
151 views
iText 7 copyPagesTo throws UnsupportedOperationException for a link annotation with an invalid GoTo destination
I'm merging PDF pages with iText 7 using copyPagesTo. It works for most files, but a few PDFs from third parties make the copy blow up with java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException, and that kills the ...
Score of 0
1 answer
449 views
What is the most secure way to embed a PDF (preview) into a website?
Aim
Just embed a PDF (preview) into a website. This is very likely a well-known use case.
Given I have this use case for showing a PDF preview, I am searching for a solution. And yes I know e.g. MDN ...
Score of 2
0 answers
195 views
Calling remove_from_tree on outline item causes "Removed child does not appear to be a tree item" error
I want to change bookmark (aka outline item) colors in a PDF document from black to blue.
It's my understanding that pypdf can only add outline items; you can't change the properties of those already ...
Score of 2
1 answer
104 views
Pandoc not displaying front matter (YAML) date when compiled
I'm using Pandoc to convert my Markdown (4,000 word count) file to PDF. My problem is the date won't appear on the PDF. Here's my system info:
pandoc 3.7.0.2
Features: -server +lua
Scripting engine: ...
Score of 1
1 answer
178 views
How to programmatically build /StructTreeRoot tags using pypdf/pypdf2 without breaking existing PDF visual content?
I am developing a Python FastAPI backend to inject PDF accessibility compliance tags (WCAG 2.1) into existing documents generated from Adobe InDesign. The layout and visual binary bytes must remain ...
Score of 0
1 answer
199 views
How can I make Firefox's PDF viewer automatically re-load the PDF if it changes?
I use Firefox as my PDF viewer while I write them in another program. How can I make the PDF automatically refresh in Firefox when the file changes?
I am open to workarounds like refreshing every 5 ...
Score of 1
2 answers
153 views
How to access PDF files which have an empty password in PHP
I need to perform some editing actions on many PDFs across a wordpress site programmatically. Using MPDF I can access and edit many of them just fine. The issue is a lot of these files are also ...
Score of -1
3 answers
553 views
Looking for a completely free C# PDF library with fluent API and low memory usage
I’m building a .NET application that needs to generate PDF documents dynamically, and I’m trying to choose an appropriate library.
I’m specifically looking for a library that meets the following ...
Score of 0
3 answers
393 views
How can I export a PDF file from Laravel application data?
I’m working on a Laravel application where I need to generate and export a PDF file based on database records (such as appointments, payments, or invoices).
I want to be able to:
Generate a PDF from ...
Score of -1
1 answer
1315 views
Best Open Source Models or Libraries for Accurate PDF Data Extraction? [closed]
I am looking for the best open-source models, frameworks, or libraries for extracting text and structured data from PDFs with high accuracy.
My use case includes:
Extracting text from scanned and ...